8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: EEG - Again!!

Monday, March 23, 2009

EEG - Again!!

Well, it seems like I never have time to come here and post anything, seeing as how the last post was in November and that's when Cassidy was in the hospital. She's been doing a lot better since she's been home from the hospital; however, we still have our ups and downs!!!!

Now, to the point of this post. Tonight, for the second time in his short 7 years, we will be attempting to keep Caleb awake for 24 hours for a sleep deprived EEG! He's been having situations where he is spaced out for a short period of time and he will wet himself. I brought it up to the doctor at his last appointment and she wanted to get another EEG. She said it concerns her that he doesn't seem to realize that he's wetting himself. She also said that it sounds like petit mal seizures. What concerns me about that is one of the medications that he is on, Depakote (and takes 1125 mg a day!) is an anti-seizure medication. The procedure three and a half years ago showed no seizure activity; however, I've read that sometimes it can take two or three normal EEGs prior to seizure activity showing up.

I'm trying really hard not to worry. I'm praying that we can get answers to what's been going on with our little guy. He's had so much in his short little life and would like him to be able to catch a break!

I will do my best to update on here when we know something. I also need to get on here and post some pictures from the last few months. The kids are really growing up!

No comments: