8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: SNOW DAYS

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOW DAYS

The last two days schools have been closed for snow days.  Well, technically they haen't been snow days, but extremely cold weather days.  I love my kids, but they really need the continuity and schedule that school provides.  I really hope that school is back in session soon (tomorrow would be very nice!!!!).

It hasn't been terrible with the kids being home, but today Caleb had two meltdowns - full blown - hitting, kicking furniture, screaming, crying - which he has not had since school was back in session.  Today I had to take all the kids to two appointments for the baby and really it went much better than I was expecting.  I'm supposed to go to the chiropractor tomorrow, but if school is closed I will have to cancel that appointment.

Tomorrow is also Caleb's annual BASIS Assessment with our county developmental disability organizaiton.  This is something that has to be done every year to be able to continue his funding for in-home services.

I'm just ready for our schedules to get back to normal!!!!

No comments: