8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: Snow, Snow & More Snow

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow, Snow & More Snow

We are snowed in once again this winter.  This has been a horribly cold winter.  I grew up in Michigan and lived in Utah, but still cannot stand the cold!!!!  I am just not a cold weather person - never have been, never will be.  However, I know that God wants us to live here, so we won't be moving any where warm!

The last three weeks have been very hard on me.  It started with Caleb getting sick and being home from school for three days.  I was so worried about his being sick and that it would lead to him being back in the hospital.  Thankfully, he didn't end up in the hospital and his illness didn't last as long as some kids.  I'm grateful for our pediatrician who thought it would be helpful to treat him with anti-viral meds and he was able to go back to school after only being out three days.  I heard a lot of kids having the fever last for more than five days.

Last week the kids were supposed to be out Thursday and Friday due to conferences.  Instead they ended up being out four days because of snow/extreme wind chill days.  Little guy was on antibiotics for an ear infection.  It was so cold out that I wasn't about to get all of the kids out of the house to go to little guy's physical therapy appointment last week.  Hopefully, we'll make it to his appointment on Friday!

I have been home more these last three weeks than I have been in a long time.  You would think I would have gotten a lot done, but I haven't.  It's really hard to get much done with the kids home.

I do have a lot to be thankful for and I am trying to focus on that.  We have a nice home that is warm, food in our pantry and refrigerator and wonderful friends and family!  I just want some warmer weather so we can get out and about!  (Is that too much to ask?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

No comments: