8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: Bad Start to July

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bad Start to July

So the month of July has not started off on a very good note.

Yesterday we were at Caleb's last Lose the Training Wheels camp.  After getting through the program, the award ceremony, it was about 5:05 and we were loading up everyone in the car.  I started backing out and Caleb wanted me to read his trophy.  I ignored him and he kept asking.  I got distracted for the slightest minute and ran into the back of a parked van.  I am so mad that I let myself get distracted.  Tony went in and found the owner and we exchanged information.  I then had to run and pick us up dinner because Cassidy had her play from the drama camp that she attended this week at 7.

We come home and get everyone to bed and realize the temperature in the house keeps rising, even though we can hear the air conditioner running, which was very frustrating since our air stopped working right before the Memorial Day long weekend as well.  We check the vents and it's blowing warm air.  We check everything and try turning it off, thinking it was overworked, since it's been well over 100 degrees.  Well, that didn't work.  Tony woke me up about 2:45 and told me to go ahead and call our warranty company to get a service request started.  I called them and told them about Caleb's CDD and seizures as well as his and Tony's asthma and Little Guy being so young and they put the service request in as an emergency so that once a company accepted the request as an emergency they would have to come to the house on Saturday.  Fortunately, the repairman was here before 9:30 and got it fixed.

This morning when Cassidy got up she told me her nose hurt because she fell in the bouncy house at drama camp yesterday.  It was swollen and had a bump, so Tony and I talked and we decided I'd take her in to have an x-ray taken.  Unfortunately, the doctor on duty was the doctor that I don't care for!  Fortunately, her nose is not broken.

We came home to a nice cool house.  We had arranged that Cassidy could go to her foster mom's house in case we needed to go to a hotel due to the air conditioning issue.  Even with the air conditioning fixed, she still wanted to go.  So I got her ready and left the house.  It should have taken me an hour to drive there, drop her off and get back home.  I was going to stop and pick up a couple things at Target on the way back.  Lo and behold, the weekend consisted of another accident.  This one, NOT my fault.  The unfortunate part was that I had taken our other van instead of the one that got wrecked last night.  I got off the interstate and was stopped at a light.  The light changed and as the traffic in front of me started to move, I felt the impact.  I had been rear-ended.  Apparently, someone hit the car behind me with such force that it was forced into me.  Luckily, there was not a lot of damage, but nonetheless, it's not something that I wanted to have to deal with!  The car that did the hitting was going to be cited and it sounds like the car that was behind me had expired insurance.  Oh the joy of car accidents!  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up taking Little Guy to the ER and having myself checked out as well.  The doctor thinks my back is just sprained, but that I'll be sorer tomorrow and to just take Motrin or Tylenol.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with Little Guy because he didn't even cry, but with him still being in state custody, I didn't want any issues to come up if we decided not to have him checked.  The old adage of better to be safe than sorry played out today!!!! The doctor didn't find anything that concerned him with Little Guy and didn't even see any bruises from the straps of his car seat!  I am very thankful for that.

I can only hope and pray that nothing more happens this month.  We go on vacation in three weeks and there is so much to do to get ready for that trip!!!!

I am so thankful for my hubby and how supportive he's been this weekend.  Not once has he gotten upset about everything that has happened!  I love you, Tony!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, what a horrid start to July! I hope that the rest of your month (especially your vacation) goes much better.