8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: Camp Barnabas - Two Days Away

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Camp Barnabas - Two Days Away

In just two days we will be taking Caleb and Cassidy to Camp Barnabas.  While I am very excited about spending five full days with just Tony and Steven, relaxing and not having to deal with meltdowns and fighting children, I'm also extremely nervous about it.

I am not worried about Cassidy.  I know she's going to have a blast at the sibling portion of the camp.  I'm grateful that Camp Barnabas includes the siblings of kids with special needs.

I'm worried about Caleb.  We have never been away from Caleb for more than two days, except for his hospitalizations - which definitely were not fun times!!!  I'm grateful that he has started asking about when we are going on vacation, because when we first started talking to him about camp, he was adamant that he was NOT going.  Although I don't know that he totally understands that Mommy and Daddy are not staying with him.  I've tried to explain it to him, but not sure that it's actually getting through.

Thankfully Caleb will have a one-on-one counselor, which should help.  I'm hoping that Caleb does well and that we can either have him go to Camp Barnabas again or even to Victory Junction  when it opens in Kansas City.

Please pray for Caleb and his counselor, that they would have a good time together and bond quickly.  And please pray for peace for me and that I would be able to relax and enjoy the time with Tony and Steven.  Tony and I really need this downtime, as the past couple of years have been very hectic without not a lot of time to just relax.   I know those five days are going to go by way too fast!!!!

No comments: