8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: Steven's MRI - December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011

Steven's MRI - December 16, 2011

Well, Steven's MRI has completed.  Now, I sit in the hospital room waiting for him to wake up.  I have to admit that, even though I have tried very, VERY hard not to worry, I am scared what we are going to learn based on this MRI.  I keep praying to God to give me peace, and I know that there are a lot of people praying for us, which I am very grateful for, but I have to be honest and say I'm still worried. 

As I was getting out of the shower this morning and getting dressed, the line of a song kept running through my head, "I will praise the name of the Lord."  And yes, I will praise the name of our Lord no matter what.  It may not be easy, but I will do it.  Also, the song "Strong Enough" started going through my head, as well.

I know that whatever happens, God is ultimately in control and all I can do is praise Him and go along for the ride!

This morning as soon as Caleb and Cassidy got on the bus Steven and I left the house.  We went to Daddy's office and spent some time and then ran to Target.  We got to the hospital a little early and the difficulties started when the registrar tried to put the arm band on Steven.

We got brought up to the sedation floor and Steven refused to stand on the scale, so we had to do where I held him on the scale and then put him down and get weighed by myself so they could determine how much he weighed.  They took us to the room and tried to get vitals.  You would have thought Steven was being murdered the way he cried.  It broke my heart!

I sent Tony a text telling him that Steven is actually more difficult to get vitals done than Caleb.  He texted back, "Unbelievable."  That actually gave me a chuckle, which was very much needed at that time!

I talked to the resident on duty and then the pediatric intensivist.  He wanted to know what had been going on and after I explained he said, "It's a good thing we're doing this." 

So now we just wait!  I am not a very good waiter!!!!!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

I hope you don't have to wait long. Praying!