8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: 22 Months Old and Good News at Physical Therapy

Thursday, December 1, 2011

22 Months Old and Good News at Physical Therapy

Yesterday Steven turned 22 months old.  He had a physical therapy and speech therapy appointment at the hospital yesterday morning.  His first appointment was PT and he was doing some really good things!  He walked on a balance beam (just one foot and holding both my hand and the PT's hand), he kicked a ball and was doing a fast walk.  After watching him for a while, the PT said he has met his 21 month skills!!!!  I am so proud of Steven!  He has worked so hard at physical therapy and was downright determined to do what was asked of him!!!!  I wish I had my camera at therapy today, he had a huge grin on his face at the entire appointment!  The PT and I would clap every time he did something and then he'd start clapping!  It was soooooo cute!!

To think of where our little guy was when he was born and how far he has come, just warms my heart and makes me thank the Lord for all he has done and will continue to do in Steven's life and allowing us to be a part of it!

I wanted to include a picture of Steven, but didn't get one yesterday.  He always wants to play with the camera when I pull it out and I'm not able to get good pictures.  But today, I had him in the high chair while I was frosting some muffins and gave him a spoon with a little bit of frosting on it.  This is what we got: