8iRWeiXjcKj9kUz5Tebo4_k_FtY Life with Two Special Needs Children: Book Review: "Placebo" by Steven James

Friday, November 9, 2012

Book Review: "Placebo" by Steven James

I received another suspense fiction book from Revell Books to review.  This time it was "Placebo" by Steven James.  This is the description from the book:
Placebo introduces us to magician and escape artist, Jevin Banks. Still reeling after losing his wife and twin sons, he refocuses his talent to uncover the truth in an exposé filmmaking project. Struggling to wake up from a nightmare he can’t escape, Jevin works undercover investigating a controversial program that explores direct mind-to-mind communication. He finds himself in the crosshairs of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and a killer who will do anything and dispose of anyone who gets in his way.  The truth must be uncovered before the brilliant killer makes Jevin his next victim and countless others pay the price with their lives. 
I finished the book today and have to say it was just okay.  It jumped around a lot and there were actually times where I wasn't actually sure who it was actually that section was about.  It could also be that I have just been absolutely exhausted since there have been a lot of appointments for the kids lately.

I thought the book was good enough that I will definitely give the author another chance by reading another one of his books when I do not have the pressure to get it done for a review, as well as have a little less stress - which who knows when that is going to happen!

Revell Books provided me with a copy of this book for an honest review.  My thoughts have in no way been influenced.

If you like suspense fiction, I would say it would be worth it to give it a read.

No comments: